Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Margarita Cupcakes

You know how pregnant moms crave stuff? Stuff they can’t have because they have to be careful of all the harmful things that might reach that needy little person growing in their bellies? For me it was hot dogs. At my demand request, Agatha rush delivered one to the hospital as soon as she heard I had Mia. J

The first time around for our other friend, it was sandwiches.  Agatha, being the good best friend that she is, came to the hospital freaky fast with Jimmy John’s in hand. Now, the second time around, our dear friend has been craving alcohol! A good ol’ drink. We’ll have to wait and see what Agatha brings to the hospital this time!

But until then, I made our pregnant mama some margarita cupcakes for her birthday. I got the recipe from here, but didn’t brush tequila on top of the cupcakes and I omitted it from the icing too. I thought they were just ok, but other people said they liked them.  I hope they weren’t just being nice! Maybe skipping the booze on top and in the icing made a difference.


Naturally, the leftover tequila doubles as a birthday/congratulations-your-pregnancy-is-almost-over-and-then-you-can-drink gift. Only one month until mama can have it! You’ll know when that is since I’ll be taking the newborn pictures J


linked up here:

4 comments:

Agatha said...

Oh, there will definitely be a covert alcohol delivery to the hospital this time around!

Natalie said...

I've made a version of these! I put little straws in the top to make it look like a little drink.

When I was pregnant all I wanted was lunch meat and diet coke. After I delivered and was allowed solid food again my in laws brought me a hoagie and soda. It was heavenly!

Unknown said...

Those look delicious! I love cupcakes and I love margaritas and now I want a margarita cupcake haha!

New follower from the alexa hop :)

Unknown said...

margaritas + cupcakes sounds like a fabulous idea!! thanks for sharing :)