I took Baby Erin’s three month pictures this weekend, but had to make a little gift first. I wanted to dress her up a bit, so I DIY’ed these flower headbands and bows for her. Now's a good age for accessories since she's not yet aware that she can rip them off!
Scraps of fabric and felt
Scrap of tulle (optional)
Needle & Thread
Fabri-tac or hot glue gun
Lighter or candle
Cost – Didn’t have to buy a thing!
Time – An hour for four accessories while catching up on DVR’ed shows.
- Make rosettes with Tatertots & Jello tutorial.
- If you want, fold tulle and glue to square of felt. If not, skip this and move on…
- Arrange and sew/hot glue rosettes to felt backing. Cut excess felt so it doesn't show.
- Measure baby’s head (at 4 months old, Mia’s head was 42 cm) and cut elastic a little bit longer than measurement. Sew elastic ends together.
- Sew rosette piece to elastic where you sewed the ends together. Done!
- Make singed flower with Craftaholics Anonymous's tutorial. I couldn’t find a lighter, so used a candle. I also did this over the kitchen sink because of dripping wax and to minimize flammables near me. I sewed a random decorative button to the center.
- Measure baby’s head (at 4 months old, Mia’s head was 42 cm) and cut 2 pieces of yarn a little bit longer than measurement.
- Tie knot at one end, twist the two pieces around each other until the end and tie in a knot.
- Sew flower onto middle of headband. Tie on to pretty girl’s head J