Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving Leftovers

Ahhh, thanksgiving leftovers…how we love them until we get sick of that fourth plate.  Here’s what I served up so we didn’t have to eat plates of turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, and sweet potatoes for lunch and dinner everyday for the next week.

Brunch #1 – Turkey Omelet
When cleaning up after our big feast is over, I make sure to pick every piece of meat off of Turkey Tom’s bones.  Those little pieces come in handy in dishes such as this. I made an omelet (five eggs for me and Doug because we were hungry!) as usual throwing in shredded pieces of turkey and diced onions.  I also threw in some fresh thyme that I had leftover as well as freshly grated parmesan that was leftover from the sausage stuffed mushrooms. If I had mushrooms on hand, I would’ve thrown those in too, but I didn’t.


 
Brunch #2 – Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Fresh Whip
I made pancakes as usual and folded in some chocolate chips towards the end.  The “leftovers” in this dish was the freshly whipped cream for my Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars.  mMmMM what a perfect accompaniment to the chocolate chip pancakes.  I think we'll be having these again this weekend, yum! Mia even got her own short stack (without chocolate chips)!   She's saying "Mommm, stop taking pictures and let me eat already!"  Wait no, that's what Doug usually says.

She is going to loooooove Sunday brunches with us, especially when I make her Mickey Mouse pancakes like I did when I was little. J Mickey Mouse pancakes even make Doug happy now. J I also made hash browns with some leftover potatoes, but those did not come out good at all.  I should’ve baked them after browning them in a pan, but didn’t feel like wasting all that ovenness for a few hash browns.  Oh well, I’ll stick to my breakfast potatoes next time.

Lunch – Raspberry Salad with Turkey
Nothing ground breaking here, but still a different way to eat up the leftover turkey. Just threw in those little shredded pieces on top of my raspberry salad.  I also added more veggies like carrots and celery to make this a more substantial lunch salad.







Other than that, we only had a few plates of turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, and sweet potatoes left.  Mia even helped us get rid of the leftovers J  She ate turkey and corn for a good three nights in a row and loved it!

Oh - and we still have a ton of dessert left...

Now that Thanksgiving is behind us, Christmas decorating, art projects, baking and gatherings are ahead! Weeeeee!

0 comments: