Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, November 5, 2010

Thanksgiving Recipe – Raspberry Vinaigrette

I wanted a recipe for raspberry vinaigrette, found this one and stuck with it.  I never kept track of where I got recipes from, so again, I can’t remember where this came from.  But if you search for Ella’s Raspberry Vinaigrette, it’ll come up on various sites and no one cites where it came from.  Anywhoo, raspberry season may not be in the fall, but I still think it’s a wonderful salad and I've had it at my Thanksgiving table.  And it seriously takes 5 minutes to make.

Ella’s Raspberry Vinaigrette

1/2 cup mild oil, such as canola or vegetable oil
2 TB honey
1 scant TB Dijon mustard
3 TB red wine vinegar (balsamic works well too)
1 tsp fresh lime juice
salt and pepper to taste
half of 1/2 pint fresh raspberries, about 1/2 cup*
*Frozen berries, thawed, can also be used.

Combine all ingredients except berries in a mini-chop, processor or blender and process briefly to emulsify. Add berries and process until liquid. Check seasoning by dipping a piece of the greens into the dressing to get a true assessment. Makes about 1 1/4 cups. Store in fridge and shake or whisk well before using again.

Mama Stuart’s Notes –
  1. Only half of a small package of raspberries is needed for the vinaigrette.  I like to buy another package to use in the salad.
  2. I like to serve this vinaigrette with salad made of mixed greens, spinach, sliced red onions, toasted walnuts and raspberries. 
  3. To toast walnuts, just spread them on a baking sheet and put them in the oven at 350 degrees until fragrant (about 5 minutes).
  4. Love adding some chicken or leftover Thanksgiving turkey for some protein!
  5. I think this is a perfect summer salad as well, so light and refreshing!
linked up here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am checking this blog using the phone and this appears to be kind of odd. Thought you'd wish to know. This is a great write-up nevertheless, did not mess that up.

- David

Lil Mama Stuart said...

Thanks for letting me know David! what type of phone/browser? It appears to be fine from android, iphones and bb's.