Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, November 12, 2010

Thanksgiving Recipe – Honey Cornbread Muffins

In addition to toasty French bread, I like to have cornbread in my bread basket for Thanksgiving.  I think I associate turkey with cornbread thanks to Boston Market.  The first cornbread recipe I tried the day before Thanksgiving turned out to be un-servable and tasted like cardboard!  I tossed the whole batch out. I had to quickly look for another recipe where I had all the ingredients on hand.  I found this one and it’s a keeper!  

I don’t have any recent pictures, but I usually whip up a batch of these Honey Corn Bread Muffins when I make BBQ chicken or ribs at home.  Maybe I'll post the ribs recipe when it's grilling season again...


The Honey Cornbread Muffin recipe is from the Neely’s on Food Network.  I like this recipe because I usually have the ingredients on hand – no need to run out and buy anything, and it’s simple, easy and delicious.

Mama Stuart’s Notes:
  1. Corn (out of a can) is one of my favorite sides to Thanksgiving/Christmas dinners.  Simple, I know. Maybe it’s one of my favorites because I always remember the corn and peas being served at these meals growing up, with my refusing to eat the peas. Anywhooo, I like to drain a can of corn, add it to the batter, and give it one or two folds to incorporate.
  2. I don’t like to use muffin cups for these.
    a)      I’d rather just bite into the soft warm cornbread goodness without wasting time on some paper.
    b)      One hand is usually covered in BBQ sauce while my other hand uses my fork – so I don’t have two hands to deal with a wrapper.  In this case, I just use my fork to dig into the cornbread.
    c)      It’s not a cupcake or breakfast muffin.
So if you don’t want to use muffin cups like me, I would butter and flour the inside of your muffin tin before pouring the batter.  This way the muffins easily pop out in one beautiful piece without losing too many crumbs.
  1. Or, when I don’t have guests over, I won’t even use muffin tins.  I’ll pour the batter into a square baking dish and cut up some big cornbread squares to eat with our BBQ.
  2. Jalapeño cornbread appears popular.  I’m sure you could chop some up and throw it in.  But I like my cornbread just the way it is.
That’s it.  Easy and delicious! Just how I like it J

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay corn! Boo peas! =)