Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

DIY Mickey & Minnie Mouse Ears

mmk back to Disneyland...from two months ago! Before we left, I told some jerks friends that I’d be making mouse ears for me, Doug and Mia to wear at breakfast with Minnie Mouse and friends. They all laughed at me! Shocked that I would let my family wear “bootleg” ears when dining with the characters at Disneyland. Ummm…excuse me! I’m pretty darn proud of my three pairs of ears that cost $5 total, and are super adorable! They certainly cost more than a few bucks if purchased at the park. I saved us $40 to be exact! And with $90/day/person park passes and $35/person meals with the characters, I was just fine with my cheap DIY Mickey and Minnie Mouse ears. I mean, just look at those smiles! I don’t think “real” ears would’ve made this little girl any happier! Hmph! And we actually got compliments on our ears! J

Here’s an easy step by step (5 total!) tutorial on how to DIY your own Mickey and Minnie Mouse ears for Disneyland, Disneyworld, birthday parties, Halloween or just for fun when playing dress up…

Time: 5 minutes
Supplies/Cost:
1 sheet stiff black felt (~$1)
Black headband (~$3)
Optional: red & white polka dot ribbon
Fabric Glue or Hot Glue Gun
Cost: less than $5!

Instructions:
  1. Trace a circle with rectangle tabs onto felt. Repeat for another ear. The tabs don't need to be as long as in this picture:

  1. Cut along both circles and tabs. 
  2. Place your ears on your headband for placement.
 
  1. Wrap one tab around headband and glue in place. Repeat for other ear.
  1. Optional: Tie a bow and glue to ears.

How cute is that?! I love Mia’s mini sized Minnie Mouse ears! She still plays with them around the house too J
 

5 comments:

BKWilliams said...

YOU GO GIRL! I love this idea and the "ears" are awesome. I agree...to get them at Disney is VERY expensive.

PandaBelle said...

Bootleg is the best - why buy when you can save a ton by making it yourself (and looks just as good) ... plus, looks like you had a lot of fun doing it too! :)

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

Your Minnie Mouse ears are absolutely adorable...must like your little girl :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this! They are adorable! We are having our daughters first birthday party on December 1st and we wanted to do something fun for her "thank you" gifts. I will be doing these. (and thank you for using red ribbon with white polka dots! I REALLY don't like the pink dress Minnie!) you guys are very cute! :-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this tutorial! I am doing minnie mouse theme for my daughter's 2nd bday party and her name is Mia! Thought that was cute:) I am making all of the children at the party a set of ears! Thank you!!