Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Free Movies in Chicago Parks

Along with kayaking the Chicago River and bike riding along the lake front path, I can cross Movies in the Parks off my bucket list!

For five months through the summer and fall, the Chicago Park District screens current and classic movies in parks around the city, for FREE! I love any opportunity to lay out on a blanket with my toes in the grass while taking in the breeze. When I went for the first time with girl friends, we saw Grease.  It was fun to hear the whole crowd singing along to "summer lovin, had me a blaaaast..."

The second time, I took Mia to see Happy Feet 2. With movies starting at dusk (after 8pm), it was a bit late for a 2 year old.

Even though we only stayed to see 40 minutes of the movie, it was a wonderful evening where we could take a walk, play at the playground, grab some ice cream and balloon animals while picnicking with neighbors on a warm summer night.

And who doesn't love taking in a free movie?! Showings go through October, check out the full listing here.

0 comments: