Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, December 16, 2011

More Red and White Christmas Decor

So after Little Tree at night, Little Tree during the day and my mantle, let's move on to the rest of the house...Ralph here is snuggling up with my DIY sweater pillows and the first wrapped gifts of the year. 
{Love simple brown packaging (aka free grocery bags and green!) finished with pretty ribbon/baker's twine.}
 {Catch my silver duct tape gift tag? Ralph Lauren bear was on clearance for under $10 at Macy's last year.}

I showed you these irresistible chubby legs yesterday. Now with a peek at my wrapping paper gallery wall...

mmmk, by now you should get the hint that I like red, right?
Poinsettias look SO much better when not wrapped in shiny green or gold foil! Thanks for the tip Shelley!
Even with tips from Thrifty Decor Chick, I'm not sure how long this plant will survive thrive. L
{Snagged the red tray (40% off) and white tin pot (40% off coupon) from Joann's. Filled it with ornaments and ribbon.}
{Frames are filled with scraps of wrapping paper (FREE!) and a family rules print. Last year had more green.}
{I didn't want my kitchen to be left out and topped the fridge with a gold berry branch, bowl of ornaments and ribbon.}

{Red hydrangeas leftover from this wreath. IKEA vases (from the Winter Onederland Party) topped with silver ribbon.}

{Mr. and Mrs. Santa bring me back to crafting days with my mom when I was little.©}
{Santa and his reindeer were also saved from my parents' collection of 30 year old decorations that we tossed.}
 {Fat Santa makes a good wine bottle topper too.} 

 {Wreaths I made for the cemetary using only things I had on hand. I only bought the wreaths and stands for a total of $10.}

It was pouring rain the other day. SO wrong for winter in Chicago! I should be wearing snow boots not rain boots! But one morning, we did wake up to a light dusting. I hope we have a white Christmas again!
 {2 lighted garlands from Target - $5 each on clearance last year - wrapped with 2 berry garlands from Michael's.}
{I'll display cards from two hanging ribbons and itty bitty clothespins. Much better than piling them on the mantle.}

Aiiiiguyaaah...Isn't my eggi (baby) so ipodah (pretty)?
{Picture of Mia and silver glittered hurricanes from her dol last year.}

And that's it! Well my guest bathroom is dolled up too, but can't get natural lighting for pictures in there! Hopefully I can get my holiday shopping done this weekend. It'll be a scramble since it's Mia's last dance class this session, we're going to a musical and have to shop for a new microwave! Drive safely amongst all the other crazies trying to get their shopping done!


linking up with The Inspired Room, Michaela at:
Holidayand Sweet Shot Day

5 comments:

Christine Trevino said...

Love love love. So beautiful. My momma did lots and lots of projects with me too . . . maybe that's why we are so driven to be crafters? Mia and Elijah and Noah might be someday too :)

Michaela said...

Love all your red details! your gallery wall in the back is so great, too! Thanks for linking up with our Christmas Cheer party (:

grey rose (they/them) said...

hooray for christmas! love all this festive goodness, especially the gift wrap;)

xo

Heidi said...

Oh my gosh, so, so pretty! I am loving those red hydrangeas.

Unknown said...

Very nice Photography !!
Amit
Photographer @ www.indianinstituteofphotography.com