Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, September 19, 2011

DIY Business Card Holder - Duct Tape Project!

As if cutting 200 business cards and packing for my last minute trip weren’t enough to do at midnight, I felt the need to make a business card holder. My crazy scatterbrain was running around with how to make one out of fabric. But that required busting out my sewing machine at 1am for a project that I didn’t know how I was going to execute. Instead, I turned to a random Joann’s purchase that I had no intended use for – pretty duct tape! Here’s my DIY business card holder tutorial using card stock, duct tape, fabric glue, staples and bias tape (I didn’t have yellow ribbon).

1. Cut a piece of cardstock to 7in x 4in.
2. Take a 7 in long piece of pretty duct tape and cover ½ of the cardstock. Repeat on the other half.
3. Glue a 7 in long piece of ribbon along the middle to hide the seam where the two pieces of duct tape meet.
4. Fold the cardstock in half to make a crease.
5. An inch from one end, fold towards middle. Repeat with other end
6. Make sure your business cards fit into the pockets. Staple in the 4 corners and there you have it!

linked up here, here, and:
The Stuff of Success

As seen here:
homemade crafts

9 comments:

Athena said...

I love duct tape - and I love this thorough tutorial. So cute. Feel free to link to Success U at www.thestuffofsuccess.com

Unknown said...

I have done a few duct tape projects, and I love your card holder! Super cute.

kendra said...

i love this idea! i've been looking at doing one, but i'm not much on sewing, which were many of the others i found :) i think i might try it and modify it someway that it will stay more closed. do you think two tiny strips of velcro would work?

Lil Mama Stuart said...

Yes, I think velcro would work! You could also do a ribbon tie. Or button/elastic loop.

Jessica said...

Do you know approximately how many cards this will hold? I would love to make a card holder so I'm not fumbling them out of my pockets while at an event this weekend and my sewing skills are lacking to say the least...I just love the yellow/grey combination you used as well!

Lil Mama Stuart said...

Hi Jessica - Thanks! I'm sure you could fit at least 50?

Jamie Reeves said...

These are quite lovely! Your business card kit is now complete, thanks to your superb sewing skills and your impulse to create things out of scratch and random stuff. Haha! That being said, I hope those pretty business cards have helped you towards establishing yourself in the field. Thanks for sharing that duct tape project!

Jamie Reeves @ Click Business Cards

Masood said...

You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. Milton barbarosh

Anonymous said...

I'd like to try this project. How do you hide the staples though?