- After 8 hours, it wasn’t easily shredding yet. Since I put it in at midnight and wanted it ready at noon the next day, I had time to let it sit longer than the suggested 8 hours. By lunchtime, it was shreddable goodness J
- Before serving, I opened up the French rolls, put some shredded beef on one side and topped with a slice of pepper jack cheese (or swiss or whatever cheese you like). I buttered up the other side and put in the broiler on low for a few minutes. Then I put the top over the sandwich and broiled a few more minutes to get the outside nice and toasty. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t get too brown! Broilers are hot and quick!
- Don’t forget to serve with a side of juice from the pot. Dip your sandwich and sop up the goodness!
- But, I think it could be tastier. Hot giardiniera peppers easily solved that problem...mmMMmmM. I think next time I’ll throw some chopped up jalapenos in the crock pot.
- My 3.5lb roast made about 12 servings.
Love how it took me two minutes to “prep” this. It’s a perfect meal for watching football for hours on a cold winter day. Ok so I did Winter One-derland art projects while everyone else watched football, but still J