If you don’t hide any gifts in the cake, it can cost as low as $20 (only supply would be diapers, most other supplies you’ll find on hand). This one cost about $50 because it includes the following:
$20 – 1 box (92 ct) of size one Huggies Little Snugglers
$12 – 10 bibs (registry)
$10 – 3 burpcloths (registry)
$7 – sleep sack (clearance at Babies R Us, I wish we had some for Mia!)
$2 – 12 wash cloths (clearance at Target, score!)
- Rubber bands ($0-$5) – you can use household ones, office ones , clear Goodie hair ties, a package of green ones in the flower section of Michael’s, you get the idea.
- Embellishments/Gifts – Soap, lotion, baby powder, bottles, stuffed animals, rattles, flowers, balloons, whatever your gift giving heart desires.
Time: 1-3 hours, depending if you have adults or a baby helping you J and if you have a problem knowing when to stop embellishing.
- Stand a bunch up and gather them in a circle to your desired bottom layer (tier one) size. Tie with string. It helps to have other adult hands to give it a big hug while you securely tie it.
- Gather another bunch of diapers and tie to make tier two, smaller than the base you just made in step 2.
- Repeat for tier three, smaller than tier two in the above step. Repeat again if you want a fourth tier. Eyeball how your tiers look stacked up. Keep adding/removing diapers until you get the right sized circles/tiers.
- Variations (to keep it basic, feel free to skip these and move on to step 6)