I haven't shared a recipe in awhile, so here's what we had for dinner last week...
I love when recipes (1) call for ingredients I normally have on hand, (2) use minimal pots/pans and (3) both entree and side dish have the same oven temperature and cook time. I had yet to find an oven baked french fry recipe that yielded crispy fries, but finally this is it!
I slightly adapted each recipe, so here's my version of Oven Baked BBQ Chicken Wings and Oven Baked French Fries:
Oven Baked BBQ Chicken Wings
(Serves 2-3 people)
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 TB Worcestershire sauce
1 TB vinegar
2 packages chicken drumettes/wings
Salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees, line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together ketchup, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
3. Season chicken drumettes with salt, pepper and cayenne.
4. In a medium bowl, add 1/4 of chicken wings and a few spoons of sauce. Toss to coat, place wings on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining wings, reserving a few spoons to toss chicken after it is baked.
5. Bake chicken 20 minutes. Flip wings and bake another 20 minutes.
6. Toss baked chicken wings in reserved sauce.
Oven Baked French Fries
(Serves 2 people)
2 Russet potatoes
1 TB extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
1/8 tsp each: dried thyme, oregano, rosemary, garlic powder
2 TB grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees, line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil and lightly coat with EVOO.
2. Wash and cut potatoes into same size (for even cooking) french fry pieces.
3. In a small bowl, mix EVOO, herbs and cheese. Place into large (gallon size) Ziplock bag.
4. Add potatoes and toss/rub to coat.
5. Place potatoes on cookie sheets, leaving space in between each fry. Don't over crowd them, they need room to crisp up!
6. Bake potatoes for 20 minutes. Flip and bake another ~20 minutes until lightly golden brown. Keep an eye on them so they don't get
7. Season with salt, pepper and enjoy!
At this time last year, we were playing outside, grilling, and enjoying time outside on the balcony. But this year, with temperatures STILL in the 20s (!) in mid-March (!)...an all oven meal is welcome! What's the weather like where you are?