- Makes approximately 4 large servings (16 tacos).
- I use a slow cooker.
- 1 pork roast (1-3 lbs…mmk that’s a wide range, but I forgot how big mine was)
- Onion slices (used however much I had on hand, about ¼ of an onion)
- 1 can Chioptle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Cayenne Pepper
- ½ heads Cabbage, Sliced Thin
- ½ heads Purple Cabbage, Sliced Thin
- 1 whole Jalapeno, Halved Lengthwise And Thinly Sliced
- ½ cups Whole Milk
- ½ cups Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon White Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- ¼ teaspoons Salt
- ¼ teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
- 2 cups Cilantro Leaves, Barely Chopped
- 1 lime
- Corn tortillas
- Queso Fresco Cheese
- Season pork with S&P and cayenne.
- Pour ½ can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and ½ can of diced tomatoes and onions in slow cooker. Place pork on top. Pour remaining chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and tomatoes on top of pork.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8 hours. (I set it in the morning to be ready for dinner.)
- Pork is ready when it easily shreds with a fork.
- Combine shredded cabbage and sliced jalapenos in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix milk, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt, and cayenne. Pour over cabbage. Toss to combine.
- Add lime juice to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate two hours. (I ate it right away and it was still tasty.)
- Before serving, toss in cilantro leaves.
- Heat small skillet on low heat. Warm tortillas (one at a time) for about 10 seconds on each side. Or in the microwave if you're lazy.
- Top tortilla with shredded meat, crumbled queso fresco and slaw.
- Get your hands dirty and lick your plate and fingers clean mmMMmm J
The slaw was delicious on my BBQ Beef Sandwiches and would probably be even better on fish tacos. Yum!