Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 18, 2011

Shabby Chic 1st Birthday Tea Party: Decorations

Like I mentioned in my sneak peek awhile ago, Sommer joked about me helping with her daughter’s first birthday party all the way in Texas. Even though I wasn’t there, I jumped at the opportunity to put together a party plan! I also posted party planning tips featuring this party over at the CSI Project.

After seeing Paper Candee’s Shabby Chic Tea Party, Sommer knew that she wanted a sweet girly party for her Mia. Even though she started planning just one month in advance, I was able to organize Sommer’s vision to make the party easy to execute.  Sommer even said that I saw her vision more clearly than she did, and my party plan helped to connect the dots and get all her ideas straight. J I loved when Sommer told me she carried around her iPad to every store so she could refer to my party plan at all times! lol On to the eye candy courtesy of Photography by Brie...
To showcase pictures of Mia, Sommer set them on foam board backing and placed them everywhere!
Cherry blossoms from Pier 1
Cookies and Cookie Pops from etsy shop – The Art of Cookies
Sommer made all these tea party sweets herself!
       Chocolate dipped Milano Cookies served in 100 calorie pack containers adorned with ribbon
       Chocolate Covered Strawberries
       Chocolate Covered Pretzels as giveaways
       Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows in a sweet vintage looking Hobby Lobby tray found in the 66% off aisle! Styrofoam, pink tissue paper and M&M's line the bottom so the marshmallows can stand.
Strawberry Swirl Tea Pot Cake from Edible Designs by Mary
Girl guests were given the same chocolate covered pretzels and a little tea cup hair clip from etsy shop – Chic Baby Rose.
Sommer made cake pops with a cake pop maker.
Tissue paper poms made with Martha's tutorial.
Counter is covered with pink fabric left over from Mia’s crib bedding set.
All printables designed and printed by Paper Candee
  Pink champagne for the adults J There was also Pink Punch for the kiddies (7up + strawberry sherbet)
Floral Backdrop from etsy shop – The Lemon Drop Shop
Happy Birthday Banner from Paper Candee
  
I think Sommer did a fabulous job and certainly created a Shabby Chic Tea Party for her baby girl’s first birthday. Thank you for letting me be a part of it without even being there!  Check out even more sweet photos of the party at Photography by Brie. Email me at mindysukan{at}gmail{dot}com for more info on party plans!

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

Everything looks so great!

A Blissful Nest said...

Fabulous!!

Lili said...

everything is sooo pretty!