– Yellow ribbon for more color ($5 for 2 rolls at Michael’s)
– Craft ahead of time and after baby is asleep.
– Shop around and think "outside the box."
– Visit the venue beforehand.
– Don't be afraid to ask for help. At the start of this "project", I wanted to do everything on my own. I wanted to OWN this and not have anyone help me. But in the middle of it all, life events got in the way and I had to focus solely on my family which put me VERY behind on my project. Despite the hiccups along the way, I packed the streamers, glue gun, glue sticks, and scissors in my bag and worked away even though I couldn't be at home. My niece and cousin even helped and after a few hours we had over 100 flowers. J Also, Dad was a BIG contributor to the flower making. There were some sloppy ones made but I came to the conclusion that "I should be thankful that he's even helping." The night before Reese's baptism, we stayed up until 3am finishing what became OUR project instead of MINE. ♥
– Don’t use a glue gun with shorts on. haha
This whole process was very stressful having to juggle baby, work, my family, my dad being at the hospital, cooking, cleaning, laundry, yada yada but in the end, I'm happy with how everything turned out considering we had 100 guests. This was my first attempt at party planning and after all the stress, lack of sleep, multiple glue gun burns and help from family setting up....in the end, EVERY thing was worth it. Of course, I wish I did more decorating and I even saw some spots that could've had potential. But....there will always be her 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th birthdays and Cotillion to plan..haha!
It turned out wonderful Karen! Don't you worry, you have plenty of pretty parties ahead of you to plan. I love helping people with their creative sides (and then I get to use mine too hehe), encouraging them along the way and seeing how it all turns out. The process may be super tiring, but in the end when it’s all beautifully said and done, it’s worth it! Let me help you plan a party (or do it for you), you’ll love the outcome, I swear!