Same time last year comparison!
In the hour before showtime, we snacked on plenty of cheese and crackers, grapes and nuts, salami and prosciutto and pasta salad with balsamic vinaigrette, grilled chicken, grape tomatoes, basil and mozzarella.
I made this pasta salad for a recent family party as well and my sister in law asked for the recipe. So here it is!
- Grilled Chicken Breasts, sliced (I just discovered thin cut chicken breasts, huge time saver with just 3 minutes per side!)
- Pasta (penne, rotini or bow tie), cooked according to package directions
- Grape Tomatoes, halved
- Basil, chopped
- Mozzarella, cut into bite size piecesFor the vinaigrette (double if making a whole box of pasta):
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar, optional
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil (I usually only use 1/2 this amount.)
Prepare the vinaigrette, according to Emeril's recipe. Combine all ingredients. Toss until coated. Enjoy!
The vinaigrette also tastes great on mixed greens for a light salad.
While the concert started at 8pm, intermission was around 845pm, right at Mia's bedtime. Having finished our bottle of wine and it almost being dark, it was the perfect time to head home after a wonderful (and cheap!) summer evening out. There's not much more I love than cheese, crackers, wine and laying on a blankie with my shoes off. Summer is quickly slipping away!
linked up with Cassie's "In about an hour" projects and: