Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, April 9, 2012

Fun Filled Easter Weekend Recap

This weekend was packed full of fun! Friday, Maya and Jenelle came over for their 2 year old and 9 month old portrait sessions. Full post later this week! Mia had fun tagging along for the shoot J

Saturday, we went to the 'burbs to celebrate my mom and my aunt's birthdays. We {as you can tell by those chubby fingers} arranged these bouquets in the morning.

In the afternoon, Mia and her cousins had an egg hunt in the backyard. I was excited for Mia's first Easter egg hunt! But, she didn’t want to touch the eggs because they were dirty or the grass felt weird! Ha, daddy’s girl!

For dinner, I bought spicy Asian chicken wings from Great Seas {per the birthday girl’s request},  marinated eleven pounds of meat to make bulgogi and kalbi {traditional Korean beef dishes} and picked up Bob Chinn’s Mai Tais {now carried at Binny’s and Mariano’s!} - Yum, yum and yum!

These cousins are finally at an age (4 and 2) where they can play together - so much fun!

We have a sassy little one on our hands...

After a fun day, Mia slept in her toddler bed for the first time! {Full post detailing her bedroom to come.} She was so excited!

Sunday, I made some last minute Easter baskets out of paper plates. For my one year old niece and nephew, inside were rice shaker rattle eggs.


At church, Mia did another egg hunt, even though she didn't walk around much because the grass felt weird on her feet.  She kept talking about the egg hunt though, so I think she still had fun filling up her basket.

Afterwards, we had lunch at our place.


Being Thai, I was nervous having my Korean mother-in-law and sister-in-laws judging my Korean cooking! I think I passed the test since Umma said the bulgogi or kalbi {I forget which one} was better than hers! Phew! What a surprise! And Doug and I happily ate the same meal two days in a row haha.

And lastly, today is my mom’s birthday… Happy Birthday, Grandma! We love you so much! Thank you for being home to raise me and {practically} now my baby girl. You mean the world to us!
Come back tomorrow to see how I spent my golden birthday…


linked up here:
Sweet Shot DayLive, Love, Travel

5 comments:

Make it Create by Lilly Ashley said...

Such good pics, and such cute little ones! =)

keri said...

Your Easter baskets turned out adorable (thanks for linking to my tutorial) and your pictures are gorgeous ... such sweet little ones! Happy belated Easter :)

Jaymi said...

looks like a great Easter! I love that first shot of Mia holding her easter basket and looking unsure! So cute! Thanks for sharing at Tips & Pics!

betty-NZ said...

Nice shots!

Christine said...

That last pic is just too priceless!