Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

White Chocolate Coconut Bars Recipe

{pictured on the plate in back}
I was looking for a basic brownie recipe for Mia’s birthday party and came across Eagle Brand’s Magic Cookie Bars.  I adapted the recipe by:
1. Using white chocolate chips (because of my white/winter party)
2. Not using nuts (since there were kids at the party) and
3. Using a 9 x 9 pan (to have a thicker crust)

They’re super easy to make. But consider yourself warned, they are very sweet. But I love white chocolate, condensed milk, coconut, and have a sweet tooth, so I’m ok with it J

Ingredients
No Stick Cooking Spray
1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
I don’t like cleaning my food processor/blender, so I stick a bunch of crackers in a sandwich bag, and smash away with a mallet or pan
½ cup butter, melted
1 (14oz) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk          
2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) white chocolate chips
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut

Instructions
  1. Heat oven to 350°F.
  2. Line a 9 x 9 inch baking pan with foil and cover with no-stick cooking spray.
  3. Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter in small bowl. Press into bottom of prepared pan. I use the bottom of a measuring cup to smush the crumbs down.
  4. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture.
  5. Layer evenly with chocolate chips and coconut.
  6. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
  7. Loosen from sides of pan while still warm; cool on wire rack. Cut into bars.

3 comments:

stinertrev said...

These were seriously my favorite at the party! :)

Unknown said...

ahh so glad you found me!!! i can't wait to see your cd turned magnet!! i will probably have to revisit that craft soon since my DOG chewed mine up :( thanks for the reminder!!

Anonymous said...

Martha has a recipe where she bakes the crust first.