Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Playoff Sunday Lunch - French Dip Crock Pot Sandwich

When blog hopping (again), I came across a French Dip Crock Pot Sandwich recipe.  I emailed it to myself and saved it for a rainy day with a "recipes" label.  Gmail's labels make it way easier to find things whereever I may be, as opposed to saving/bookmarking a recipe on my work or home computer. Anyway, only a few ingredients, minimal work, melted cheese and toasted bread, what’s not to like??
Mama Stuart’s Notes:
  1. After 8 hours, it wasn’t easily shredding yet.  Since I put it in at midnight and wanted it ready at noon the next day, I had time to let it sit longer than the suggested 8 hours. By lunchtime, it was shreddable goodness J
  2. Before serving, I opened up the French rolls, put some shredded beef on one side and topped with a slice of pepper jack cheese (or swiss or whatever cheese you like).  I buttered up the other side and put in the broiler on low for a few minutes.  Then I put the top over the sandwich and broiled a few more minutes to get the outside nice and toasty.  Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t get too brown!  Broilers are hot and quick!
  3. Don’t forget to serve with a side of juice from the pot.  Dip your sandwich and sop up the goodness!
  4. But, I think it could be tastier. Hot giardiniera peppers easily solved that problem...mmMMmmM. I think next time I’ll throw some chopped up jalapenos in the crock pot.
  5. My 3.5lb roast made about 12 servings.
Love how it took me two minutes to “prep” this. It’s a perfect meal for watching football for hours on a cold winter day. Ok so I did Winter One-derland art projects while everyone else watched football, but still J

0 comments: