Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Food + Foto Week 3: Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe

I made these sausage stuffed mushrooms for our first annual holiday party with Doug’s friends last year and it was a hit!  I whipped them up for another holiday potluck this year.  


It’s Ina Garten’s recipe from Food Network.  You might have caught it on tv this week since they replay all the Thanksgiving episodes around this time of year. 

Mama Stuart’s Notes:
  1. If you can't tell how many mushrooms there are in a package, I usually buy two packages for this recipe.
  2. My Italian sausage isn’t sold in ¾ lb increments, usually 1.5 lbs, so I use the leftovers to make a meat sauce for my spaghetti or for meatballs.  I’ll eventually post those recipes sometime.
  3. The recipe says to put the mushroom stems back in the mixture.  I think that’s A LOT of mushrooms.  So I usually only put half of the mushroom stems back in.  I save the other half of the mushroom stems to use for omelets the next day J
  4. I always underestimate how long this dish will take me.  It says prep time of 15 minutes, which is not doable for me. And then I forget that you have to bake them for 50 minutes!  So start early, otherwise you cut the time in the oven and they don’t brown as long as they could. Don't let the cook time discourage you, you can do other things while they sit in the oven for an hour.  Try it!

0 comments: