Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, February 17, 2012

Good Night Chicago - Museum of Science Industry

As you know, it was Mia's 2nd birthday last week. We ended her special day with cupcakes from Molly's.

But just like last year, we started the day with pancakes. Same time last year comparison!

I tried to get creative this year...

Last year we took Mia to Navy Pier for her birthday. This year we took her to the Museum of Science and Industry to knock out one more page of my DIY Goodnight Chicago book.

Just like last year at Navy Pier's Children's Museum, Mia loved playing in the water area at MSI.
For Doug and I, the model trains were the highlight of the day! The mini city was so cool!

I was in awe of the buildings and trains in this little model city just like I am of the real city!
(Side note: I canNOT wait to show you my latest from the A-Z photography challenge!)

I was amazed by all the details. I spotted Lasalle and the Board of Trade and the river and bridges just like in real life!

 I waited excitedly for the el and Metra trains to go by.

Choo! Choo! There go the model trains at the Museum of Science and Industry.

Thank you, MSI for a wonderful day!

Only 5 more pages to go!
     Good morning, Lake Michigan. (There's a lot: May 2010, May 2011, July 2011, and many more not blogged about!)
     Good morning, Chicago Harbor Lighthouse. Are we ready for a wonderful day? (Not sure this will ever happen.)
     Good afternoon, sharks, fish, turtles and mammals at the aquarium.     
     Wow! Look at those dinosaur bones at the Field Museum of Natural History.
     Choo! Choo! There go the model trains at the Museum of Science and Industry.
     It's nice to see you, art.
     Hello, historic Water Tower on the Magnificent Mile.
     Good luck, Chicago Sports Teams, you can do it. Can they??  (ETA - summer 2012)
     Just listen to those blues and jazz musicians. (This'll be something new for Doug and I, too!)
     Good evening, star gazers at the planetarium. Have you ever wished upon a star?
     Goodnight Chicago, sleep tight. Thank you for a wonderful day!

Here's Mia with her first camera! She totally wants to be just.like.mommy. And even took my stance saying, "Mommy do that." The Vivitar camera cost just as much as a Fisher Price camera, so I figured I might as well get the real looking one! She even said it looks just like Grandma's. Then she posed Daisy for pictures J
I'll be having wine & cheese flights on the Mag Mile tonight, followed by the Luminous Field at the Bean! Then Monday is a restaurant week dinner, mMmmmM! Have a great weekend!

1 comments:

Christine Trevino said...

AWWW I love this! So glad you guys had so much fun. I can't wait to see the book when you're done. What a beautiful keepsake!