Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, February 6, 2012

P52 {5} - Shadows

I tried killing two birds with one stone this week: P52 shadows and E for the A-Z Challenge.
E is for Elephant.
Like an African Safari. Or Lion King? What do you think? It's like the inverse of this elephant.

And here's my setup:
I played around with Mia's circus toy, 2 foam boards and a flashlight. I noticed that the elephant's shadow was sharpest when the flashlight wasn't pointed directly at it. The shadow was more crisp with the center of the flashlight off to the side. I played around with placement of the flashlight, elephant and foam board until I got tired, considering it was 2am! And it was extremely post processed just for fun, because it was a silly subject anyway.

Come back tomorrow to see letters A, B, C and D!


linked up here:
project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.comLive, Love, Travel

4 comments:

Christine Trevino said...

This is so cool I gasped when I opened the file :)

Rowen said...

I honestly thought that was taken on an African Safari when I opened the link. It's brilliant!

Jaymi said...

oh wow, really creative shot! Thanks for the pull back, I would never have thought to do that!

HuNnY aNd PoPpA LeWiS said...

Your photo caught my eye in the link-up and I am amazed at your creativity! Great photo!!!